Past Events – 2011
The “Adventure Medicine” conference is held annually. The first edition of the conference was in October 2011.
This is the first edition of the conference. It was held Saturday, October 8th 2011. All 130 places in the venue’s auditorium were sold and taken.
Speakers at this edition were:
- Slavyan Stoilov, MD
- Andrew Ivanov, MD
- Lyubomir Mladenov, MD
- Paola Virginia Gigliotti, MD from Italy
- Robert Szymczak, MD, PhD from Polland
Some of the topics covered in this first edition of the “Adventure Medicine” conference were:
- Emergency immunoprophylaxis. Vaccines against particularly dangerous and exotic diseases. Chemoprophylaxis in malaria regions.
- Frostbite and hypothermia (overcooling) in extreme weather conditions. How to prevent frostbite and hypothermia. First aid in case of frostbite or hypothermia.
- Health adventure environment. Fitness profile and safety in adventure activities.
- Altitude sickness. Acclimatization of the organism to high altitudes. Means of aiding the acclimatization process.
- Chronic diseases: Is high altitude going to KILL me?
- Medical problems in desert regions and dry climate. Dehydration.
- Principles of manual cardiopulmonary resuscitation – how to save someone’s life with our bare hands.